Description - Hotel Loreta
Hotel Loreta Prague from category 3 star Prague hotels, is located in one of the most picturesque corners of old Prague, Loreto Square (Loretánské náměstí) at the Prague Castle (Prazsky hrad). Hotel Loreta provide accommodation for guests in a cozy hotel with a family atmosphere.
Hotel Loreta Praha - romantic accommodation in Prague centre
- The Loreta Hotel in Prague is located in the former Černín Riding Hall (also know as the Small Černín House or the Majer House). The original medieval structure was first replaced by a Renaissance building and was subsequently rebuilt in Baroque style. Later, the Černín family had a riding hall and stables attached to a sala terrena built here.
- The original Gothic house belonged to a stone mason named Michael, brother of Petr Parléř, the master builder of St Vitus Cathedral. The house was damaged during a Hussite uprising and the city donated the land and the ruins so that a new building could be built.
- In 1562, a fire swept Lesser Town and the Prague Castle and also damaged the new building. In the same year, the location was subdivided into three parts and gradually handed over to Prague Castle burghers for their use and so they could build new buildings. The land was purchased by Jakub Menšík of Menštejn.
- In 1718, the building was sold to Countess Marie Markéta of Valdštejn for her brother František Josef Černín of Chudenice. The new owner started an extensive redevelopment of the entire building. His main designer was František Maxmilián Kaňka who then used to work for the Černíns. Stone-cutting was performed by Doméniko Rappa based on Kaňka´s designs.
- In the 1720s, there were stables for 16 horses and allegedly also a riding hall and carriage stalls. Unfortunately, none of these buildings can be seen today. On the upper floor were apartments for the Count’s treasurer, the panel-maker Wenda, the widow Playnerová and Baron Kogler.
Loreta hotel Praha - hotel room
This hotel offers accommodation in Prague in 20 rooms. Each of its rooms provide a unique atmosphere through its thoughtfully renovated and modern historical interior with all essential amenities and social facilities.
Restaurant in this hotel in Prague
Hotel Loreta offers resaturant in cellar-style, which is connected to a summer garden restaurant. The restaurant and its facilities provide a very pleasant atmosphere for organizing family, corporate and other social events.