Description - Hotel Rott
Newly refurbished Hotel Rott, from category 4 star Prague hotels, is situated in the very centre of historical Prague at Little Square (Malé náměstí), adjoining the well-known Old Town Square (Staroměstské náměstí). It combines historical atmosphere of originally roman houses with the ultra-modern amenities.
Thanks to its location it ensures unbelievable views on sharp spires and red brick roofs of Prague historical centre. Close proximity offers the most famous sites, such as Old Town Astronomical Clock, Old Town City Hall, Charles Bridge, Charles Bridge Towers, Powder Tower, Theatre of the Estates, National Theatre, Clementinum, Carolinum, Rudolfinum etc.
Hotel Rott Praha - accommodation in Prague centre
- consists of 2 buildings at Malé náměstí
- majority of rooms is located at the Conner building No. 138 (former 4 gothic houses were demolished and rebuilt to 1 building), other rooms are situated on two upper floors of the adjoining building No. 142 (house with the fresco decoration created according to the project of Mikoláš Aleš)
- origins of both buildings date back to roman era (13th century) which is reflected in characteristic ground plan of the cellars, these spaces reach 5 metres under the pavement level
- in mid-16th century the house was rebuilt
- during the renaissance period the present 1st and 2nd floor was built and before the 17th century the facade was decorated with figural sgraffito
- in the 17th century the house probably burnt down (in later years burnt walling was found under baroque plastering and stucco)
- during baroque reconstruction 2 floors were rebuilt and massive dormers were added on the saddle roof
- in the 18th century the baroque roof was transformed to empire mansard with 5 windows as the 3rd floor, the saddle roof disappeared as well as the sgraffito
- 1855 - V.J.Rott buys house No. 142 and founds famous ironmongery
- 1891 - son Ladislav buys 4 houses No. 138-141 that are demolished and rebuilt to 1 building No. 138, the shop expands to this house
- 1897 new fresco facade according to the project of Mikoláš Aleš (made by painters Novák Hofbauer)
- 1912 next generation buys the house No. 143 and expands the shop there as well
- 1922 - 1923 - the 3-storey hall is covered by glass and concrete cupola (first shopping hall of such kind in Prague, made by architect Kloub)
- 2nd world war - unfavourable period for the business followed by confiscation
- after 1989 upturn of the situation, the ironmongery regains part of its former fame
- 1996 - ironmongery moved from the main building to more modest place at Linhartská street
- March 2002 - after challenging reconstruction Hotel Rott is opened
Rott hotel in Prague - hotel room
Hotel Rott offers Prague accommodation in 94 luxurious rooms and appartments.
Four-storey hotel consisting of two buildings offers for its guests:
- standard rooms
- executive rooms
Conference facilities in this Prague hotel
Hotel Rott offers conference rooms in three rooms ( maximum capacity is for 150 person).
- Conference room Vincent
- Conference room Gallery
- Coffee room
Hotel Rott Praha - restaurant
Restaurant and café are situated on the groundfloor of Hotel Rott. The main personality of unique no-smoking restaurant Rott is Mr. Jiří Svoboda, chef with international experiences. You can enjoy a comfortable environment in french style.