Description - Hotel Jewel (U Klenotnika)
Design Hotel Jewel (U Klenotnika) is 4 star Prague hotel, is a charming family hotel in the very centre of Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic.
The hotel is situated in a historical building and offers, apart from a unique genius loci, also perfect location - just a one minute walk from the Wenceslas Square (Vaclavske namesti) and a three minute walk from the Old Town Square (Staromestske namesti).
Design Hotel Jewel - accommodation in Prague center
- If, during your stay in Prague, you want to get to know its magical beauty, everything lies open just in front of you.
- The Estates Theatre, so loved by great Mozart, lies in the vicinity of the hotel, as well as a number of modern music clubs, wide selection of traditional Czech restaurants and restaurants with international cuisine and above all plenty of cosy coffee-houses.
- All Prague's principal historical sights and monuments are in a few minutes walking distance, or you can use the urban mass transportation. The Prague hotel thus represents an ideal combination of quality, location and price of accommodation in Prague for family vacations as well as for commercial travellers.
History - accommodation in Prague hotel Jewel
- The "U Klenotníka" Hotel in Prague has been rebuilt from an old burgher house. In the hotel basement, you can find some masonry dating back to the early 13th century. Over the centuries, the house was rebuilt many times, so that architectural influences of various styles are wedded in it.
- The gold-plated ceiling containing motifs of jewellery on the ground floor, which is protected as a listed sight, is also unique. This decoration originated in the early 20th century, at the time when the house hosted a Prague's renowned jeweller's shop.
- The orders placed to the jeweller's shop included also restoration of the crown jewels of the Czech kings, whence comes the hotel's name - U Klenotníka (which means "at the jeweller's" in Czech).
- The whole building was refurbished into a hotel in 1994. It has preserved its historical character, but at the same time it is tastefully equipped with modern interior features and supplemented with works of art created by contemporary artists.
Prague Hotel U Klenotnika - rooms
The "U Klenotníka" hotel offers pleasant and quiet Prague accommodation in 11 rooms. A restaurant with breakfast service goes without saying, so does a lounge bar. There is free wireless internet connection everywhere in the hotel.
Prague accommodation with possibility of parking
This hotel in Prague offers to parking right in front of the hotel (for fee).