Description - Hotel U Raka
Romantic Hotel U Raka Praha, from category 4 star Prague hotels, is located at Hradčany, close to Mariánské hradby (Maria Ramparts), in a romantic corner of Prague, where history has left many interesting monuments.
- The hotel is surrounded by many cultural monuments, picturesque corners, pleasant restaurants and little pubs.
- Spend a peaceful vacation in the very heart of Prague, in places where history is present at every step you take. offers romantic accommodation in the immediate vicinity of Prague Castle.
Hotel U Raka Praha - romantic accommodation in Prague 1, Hradcany
- The oldest written record concerning the house dates back to 1739. At that time, the butcher Simonis bought some municipal land for 80 Rhine-gold Ducats in order to build stables. The next owner, Mr. Libický, who was also a butcher, extended the land, but the official Prague description from 1774 still listed only stables for livestock on that property.
- However, in 1794 Josef Schaller first mentioned the name of the house „U Raka“ in his description of the royal seat and capital city of Prague. The Libický family transformed the stables into a residential house and built another house on the land adjacent to the former stables. The first house built on the property was a timbered building with a shingle roof. Once there were undoubtedly many log houses on the outskirts of Prague, but as time went by, this house remained the only timbered building in Prague, and therefore became, together with the whole complex, a registered cultural monument.
- After 1990, the house U Raka came back to life. There are many natural materials here, which give the house a very pleasant and comfortable feeling. Plentiful greenery and gurgling water, both in the interiors and in the garden, as well as the singing of birds, entice you to relax. This hotel in Prague in its present form serves as a hotel which, due to its small capacity, fits seamlessly into the surrounding environment.
Prague accommodation in Hotel U Raka - gallery
Art pictures of the hotel owner's wife are displayed in a small hotel gallery. Art sculptures of the hotel owner's eldest daughter are also exhibited here.
Romantic Hotel Garden - You can enjoy a romantic atmosphere beside the outdoor or indoor fireplace. The garden is an oasis of peace, a great place for relaxation.
U Raka hotel in Prague - romantic room
This hotel in Prague offers the unique interiors of rooms are combined with modern conveniences. All hotel rooms are equipped with a high-speed Internet connection and air-conditioning.