Santini residence is a luxury and also very romantic hotel in Prague located in the very heart of the "Golden City". Quality hotel in Prague, Santini Residence represents a unique piece of luxury.
- It is situated in one of the most picturesque streets of the city and is within walking distance to all the major attractions, such as the Prague Castle (Prazsky hrad) and the well-known Charles Bridge (Karluv most), to mention but a few.
- The building of the Residence itself dates back to the 17th century but is so expertly preserved and restored that even nowadays you can admire exquisitely painted ceilings, wooden joists and original arches.
- In the past it served, among other things, as the home of Jan Blažej Santini-Aichel, the Czech architect of Italian origin, who projected numerous buildings and palaces in the Residence’s vicinity. You can now make it your choice when seeking a practical, comfortable and luxurious home during your stay in Prague.
Santini Residence Praha - romantic accommodation in Prague centre
- Valkounský house no. 14 is named after the owner, Knight Bohuchval Valkoun from Adlar, from the beginning of the 17th century.
- According to an early Baroque project of Kryštof Dientzenhofer, the house was rebuilt in the 16th century, as all the neighbouring houses were just after the fire of 1541.
- In 1601 it was bought by Kašpar, brother of Kaplíř from Sulevice, who was executed on the Old Town Square.
- The house acquired its Baroque shape during 1705 – 1727, when it was owned by a famous baroque architect, Jan Blažej Santini-Aichel. However, when Santini died, a renowned goldsmith, Diesbach, bought the house in an auction and built up the third floor.
- Of interest to the keen eye may be the exquisite details such as a Medusa relief over the left entrance, a cartouche and a small head next to it beyond the right entrance, an oval cartouche with a painting of Virgin Mary and the Holy Trinity above the second floor windows or the functional sun dial placed on the façade in the inner block.
Luxury hotel Santini Residence - romantic hotel rooms
- Santini Residence offers luxury accommodation in Prague, which fulfils the standards of the most demanding clients. It offers eight spacious apartments and one comfortable executive room, all with a relaxed atmosphere, filled with luxury, completed in tasteful colour schemes using unique materials.
- Hotel rooms are all exclusive and original, where you can adore authentic painted wooden or carved ceilings, and which are also suitably furnished for longer stays. Whether you travel for business or pleasure, are on a honeymoon or a short visit to Prague.
- Unique harmony of colours and materials combined with the original painted ceilings, aged frescos, views to the typical red roofs of Lesser Town.