Hotel Blue Rose Praha, from category 4 star Prague hotels, is located in the heart of Prague between Wenceslas and Old Town Square (Vaclavske a Staromestske namesti), just few steps from the Estates Theater (Stavovske divadlo), surrounded by shops and luxurious boutiques.
The Blue Rose Hotel Praha - romantic accommodation in Prague centre
- The Blue Rose hotel is in a building with a long history. It already knew the great glory of Prague in the early Middle Ages under the rule of the Czech King Wenceslas I, who came from the purely Czech ruling family of the Premyslides and was a great supporter of knightly tournaments.
- A certain knight named Ojíř of Friedberg brought tournaments to Bohemia. It was said of him that he often exercised in the cool cellars of the building in Rytířská Street and then he was able to lay his heart and a blue rose at the feet of a lady. This is how the building acquired the name “U Modré růže” (The Blue Rose).
- The first owner of the house whose name was preserved in manuscripts was the burgher Mikuláš od Věže, who bought the house in 1364.
- The next owner, the baker Pesslius of Domažlice, gave the building a new name – Domažlický dvůr.
- Later, apart from the baking of bread, beer was also brewed here and a public house was kept. In 1509 the building was purchased by the draper Kliment and the house was known for a time as U Kiliánů.
- The original name of this Prague hotel The Blue Rose was brought back in 1714 by the enterprising tradesman Budín, who renewed the ancient tradition and operated a wine and beer taproom here. Although the owners of this building changed quite often over the centuries, none of them changed the name of the building again.
- Even after building alterations it has preserved its atmosphere and historical style. This applies from the Gothic cellars, where there is at present the Blue Rose Restaurant, up to the additional attics in the roof, where the rooms have a splendid view of Prague.
Prague Hotel Blue Rose - romantic hotel rooms
- Hotel Blue Rose offers some different types of rooms – from romantic attic rooms with a beautiful view over the historical Prague to splendidly furnished rooms with high ceilings.
- For clients with particularly high standards there is a “Presidential” apartment prepared in the hotel, which may include up to 5 rooms. In the apartment there are four bathrooms and two of them are equipped with a bath.
The Blue Rose offers Prague accommodation for 100 guests in:
- 26 standard double rooms
- 12 luxury double rooms (in both types of rooms it is possible to have a cot added)
- 5 standard single rooms
- “Presidential” apartment
Gastronomy in this hotel in Prague
- Restaurant U Modré Růže (Blue Rose)
In the luxury restaurant at the cellarage of the house you can try both international and traditional Czech cuisine, taste the best wines from the extensive wine list, and listen to intimate piano overtones. The restaurant atmosphere is very suiting for business meetings and pleasant stays with your friends.
After a busy day you will surely welcome an appetizer or a glass of good Moravian or foreign wine. Night bar contains a club room with a fireplace and a room with a plasma television.
The bar at the hotel’s ground floor offers the great Pilsner beer, high quality coffee, and other hot drinks including mull and grog. If you wish to have a something stronger, you can choose from the broad variety of spirits. The bar also contains a rich assortment of nonalcoholic drinks.
The summer-garden is also available at the front of the hotel in Prague in the Rytířská Street.
Blue Rose romantic hotel - conference facilities
The location and appearance of the conferential rooms in the Blue Rose Hotel makes them suitable not only for conferences or trainings, but also for all other sorts of social gatherings.
For such occasions this Prague hotel can offer you three different halls that are located next to each other. The largest hall has a capacity of 120 persons, whereas the two smaller once have capacities ranging from 20 to 45 persons.
- Hall Budín
- Hall Kilián
- Hall Stehlík