Tuscan palace, sometimes Thun-Hohenstein Palace is a huge baroque palace type building, which is located on the west side of Hradcany Square in Prague 1 to Prague Castle. Currently, the building utilizes the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic.
The construction of the palace began Count of Thun Hohenstein in 1690 on the site of several smaller residential houses that were Lobkowitz. Count Thun then took their intention to build up a noble representative office in Prague Castle. Completion of the building, however, did not live. In 1718 the unfinished building from Thun bought Anna Marie Francis, Duchess of Tuscany, the building finally completed - from there comes the name of the palace.
The construction was carried out by architect GA Canevall designed by French architect Jean Baptiste Mathey. The building has four wings closed with a rectangular courtyard in the middle and two fountains in the building niches. The rich facade of the palace is decorated with coats of arms and two Tuscan as well as sculptures, consisting allegory of the Seven Liberal Arts Jana Brokoff.
In 1998 there was a total renovation of the building. The public are only occasionally accessible spaces on the ground floor, which are sometimes held various social events: http://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toskánský_palác